Author Topic: rear diff  (Read 2240 times)

Offline kev shogun

• Active Newbie
rear diff
« on: August 04, 2008, 12:16:23 »
hi alli have a mk1 89 2.6 petrol shogun which i have ofroaded for 7 years have got in to winch challenge events over the last two years and have been doing ok i would like to try and fit a mk2 locking rear diff onto it has anyone done it and is it possible to fit it in the mk1 casing or is it a whole new axle swap and are the half shafts the same Ps its great to se others using shoguns offroad i thought i was alone only ever seen one other and that was standard cheers Kev

Jynx

Re: rear diff
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 12:43:40 »
hi kev....the trials sound interesting  8) ..afraid i cant help with your question but it will more than likely have some helpful notes added later  :)

Offline Juls~X

• Administrator
Re: rear diff
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 21:35:16 »
Sounds interesting ó not the diff fitting ó the fact that someone has similar ideas to me ;D

You know it'll be  possible ;D ;D ;D

My theory is that the diff should fit in the existing casing ó although there will be extra holes and bits to fit

Have you got coils on your back axle or leafs I know the Paj had coils by 89 not sure on the Shoggie ó coils and I think you'll get away with a straight swop

On a full axle swop you could weld the plates on for leaf springs or you could do the conversion for coils

Putting the whole axle on will also upgrade your brakes as well to discs

Watch out for the diff ratio though as there are a number of options on the Mk2
Only members are allowed to view images. Please register or login Only members are allowed to view images. Please register or login

Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it!

1988 2.5td manual Shogun SWB
1994 2.8tdi auto Pajero LWB